Monday, March 31, 2008

[Young Women Birthday Gifts]

In January our Ward got a new Young Women's Presidency. I am now the Secretary. Since then I have been trying to think of something cool to give the girls for their birthdays. Last year they just got a card signed by everyone and a candy bar...nothing too awesome. My friend Heather helped her sister do a block with a vinyl quote by Dr. Seuss on it and I just KNEW I had to copy it for our girls! I changed mine a bit from hers and didn't do them as a wall hanging. I really like how they turned out! I love having so many resources out there for ideas. I think the girls will really love these and it's an awesome quote!

Today You are You
That is Truer than True
There is no one alive
Who is Youer than You!
-Dr. Seuss

I was anxious to get some done and deliver them to the girls that had already had birthdays this year. Apparently letting the paint dry over night wasn't enough... I don't know if it's because it's so chilly in our basement or what but now I'm letting them dry for 2-3 days! My sweet hubby is cutting / sanding all the wood for me. He got so dusty and so good to help me out! Love you baby!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

How come I can't see any of your posts? I just see the titles.

Nicole *Ü* said...

So where's the picture of what you made?? I need some vinyl for my laundry baskets, I'm just trying to pick out which font I want and then I'll place my order with ya. LOL