Friday, March 14, 2008

[I'm gonna kill him...DREAM CAR]

Thursday 3/13/08

I had today off instead of yesterday and went to Jordan Commons and saw Fool's Gold...cute movie. While I was there Nic kept texting me and bugging me about getting a Mustang. I understand it's the kid's dream car and that he has wanted one since he was about 5 but now isn't the time! I kept telling him not to do it, that he should wait, save a bunch of money and not go into so much debt to get one now. Yeah, he wouldn't listen to me and went ahead a got one. It's a 2007 Mustang and has under 100 miles on it. I can't believe that the dealership is going to give him such a large loan without a co-signer. No wonder kids get into financial trouble if it's this easy. *sigh* Oh well, I hope it works out okay. Nic is a very responsible kid so I know that he will work it out, I just don't want him to have to unnecessarily struggle and get into the habit of the debt trap. Unfortunately I can only advise him and hope he will make wise, informed decisions. Anyway, this time he DIDN'T take my advise and got the car. Oh well, it is a beautiful car and he LOVES it!

EDIT: 3/19/08
So the dealership was a bit too gun-ho and Nic doesn't qualify for a loan on his own. He had to take the car back! Poor, sad Nic! He really loved that car! Instead he got a 2006 Ford Taurus and plans to save like crazy to get his beloved Mustang by the end of the year. I really think this will work out better for him...we'll see! I did tell him to walk away especially since he called me while talking to the finance lady to tell me what was going on and ask me some questions and I could hear her in the background. What a snatch! I can't believe the way she was talking to him! I told him not to buy from somewhere that was treating him like that. He still bought the car but he did insist on dealing with a different person. I seriously can't believe the way she was talking to him! Nic is pretty excited about this car because it gets AWESOME gas milage which is great for a pizza delivery dude! And it's very roomy but a bit family car looking. Oh well Son, you can't have it all!

1 comments:

Nicole *Ü* said...

Wow! Who got this, Nic?? Justin?Shawn??? I'm jealous!!