Tuesday, March 18, 2008

[Sunday Dinner]

I didn't take any pictures of Sunday Dinner but I wish I would of after all the time I put into it! Anyway, I made Crockpot Cranberry Pork, Lemon-Butter Red Potatoes and Spinach Bacon Salad. It was so delicious and everyone LOVED it! I'm glad I have resources for great recipes! The pork one I got from Heather and the Lemon Potatoes from my friend Nikki. I've had the salad one for awhile and can't remember where it came from... Here are the recipes:

Crockpot Cranberry Pork

1 pork loin roast (2.5-3 lbs), can be either boneless or not
1 can (16 oz) jellied cranberry sauce
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cranberry or orange juice (I use orange)
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. cold water

Place pork roast bone side down (if bone in) in crockpot. In a medium bowl mash cranberry sauce. Stir in sugar, cranberry /orange juice, mustard and cloves. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours if bone in. If boneless, cook on low 6-8 hours. Cook until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm. Skim fat from juices; meausre 2 cups of juice, adding water if necessary and pour into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch adn cold water to make a paste; stir into sauce. Cook and stir until thickened. Season with salt. Serve with sliced pork.

This dish is always a hit and Shawn has actually used it, slightly modified, in dutch oven cookoffs. YUMMMMY!!

Lemon-Butter Red Potatoes

10 medium red potatoes, quartered
1/3 cup butter (NO substitutes)
2 T. lemon juice
3 T. minced parsley
1 T. grated lemon peel
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; stir in the remaining ingreadients. Drain potatoes; top with lemon-butter mixture.

This dish is very yummy and everyone loved it! It's pretty lemon-y so next time I'm going to cut down on the lemon. I think I said this last time I made it...oops!

Spinach Bacon Salad


Spinach
1/2 red onion
1/2 lb. bacon, crumbled
1 apple

Line the edges of your bowl with the red leaf lettuce. Tear spinach and romaine lettuce into the bowl. Dice the onion and apple, crumble the bacon and then add all to the salad.

Dressing:
1 C. oil
1/3 C. red wine vinegar
1/4 C. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried mustard
1 T. poppy seeds
1 T. minced onion

Add dressing to salad and toss.

1 comments:

Nicole *Ü* said...

OH, those sound yummy!! Of course, I've had the potatoes, but not the pork. I really need to try it. Glad it was a hit for Easter dinner!!