Tuesday, March 4, 2008

[About Me Survey]

I've seen this survey before but my friend Heather posted it on her blog yesterday so I thought I'd do the same. Feel free to copy it and answer on your blog too!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?

Yes and I'm still ticked about it!!! My FIRST name is Verda and Celeste is my middle name. Verda is after my Grandma Hoecherl. I'm not ticked about being named after her even though that is an old grandma name. I'm ticked that they gave it to me as my first name with the intention of calling me Celeste. They claim it sounds better??? Are you kidding me? Verda sounds old regardless so WHY torture your child??? So yeah, I'm not over it!

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?

This morning. Yesterday was the anniversary of my Dad's death (12 years) and it usually hits me either the day before or the day after...obviously this year it was the day after. Miss you Dad (even though you named me VERDA!!!)!

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?

It's okay, most of the time I like it. I do get a lot of compliments on it so it must be pretty okay to others!

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?

I go between turkey and ham. I don't eat a lot of lunch meat though.

5. IF YOU WERE SOMEBODY ELSE, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?

Probably. I think I'm pretty cool!

6. DO YOU USE SARCASM?

Dang straight!

7. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?

Nope, had them removed when I was 3 years old. Apparently I was sick all the time and cranky - I think that was just because I was named Verda but whatever! ;)

8. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP?

NO WAY! I've done other 'rush' type things and would possibly consider others but NOT bungee jumping!

9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?

I have a few - Cheerios, Corn Flake, Cinnamon Life.

10. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?

Not usually, guess I'd rather take the time to do it the next time I put them on!

11. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?

Yea, I'd say I am. I'm not as physically strong as I used to be because I'm so fat now-a-days...I should change that... Emotionally I think I'm pretty strong as well. Spiritually? I do okay but definitely need some work in that area.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?

Peanut Butter Chocolate from Baskin Robbins...YUMMM!!

13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?

Smile/Teeth. I LOVE a great smile and bad teeth are just NASTY!

14. RED OR PINK?

I actually love them both but I'd have to pick RED!

15. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU STRUGGLE WITH ABOUT YOURSELF?

My weight. I am working on it though!

16. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?

Pants - Brown crop; Shoes - Brown. Nice and boring, eh?

17. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?

A gala apple and a WW Peanut Butter Bliss bar...oh my heck, so good! And only 2 points for both of them!!

18. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

My IPod. "It's a Mistake" just ended and now "King for a Day" is on which happens to be my all time favorite song!

19. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?

Hmmm...I think Orange! I'm lovin' orange lately!

20. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SMELLS?

Rain, fresh cut lawns, babies, Citrus Cilantro, Pink Grapefruit, Coconut Lime Verbena...and lots more!

21. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?

My sister Melanie.

22. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?

I'm not really into watching sports, however, if I start watching a game I can totally get into it regardless what it is.

23. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?

Blonde.

24. WHAT IS YOUR EYE COLOR?

Blue. Depending on what I'm wearing, they might look more green.

25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?

Yep, since 7th grade!

26. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD?

Hmmm...I like a lot of food (maybe that's why I have a weight problem???) but if I had to pick one type it'd be mexican.

27. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?

I actually like them both!

28. SUMMER OR WINTER?

I guess out of those two I'd pick summer but I actually love fall. I wish I lived somewhere that had 4 EQUAL seasons. I want at least 3 months of fall, not 3 days. I'm so dang sick of winter right now...will it EVER end???

29. HUGS OR KISSES?

Both from my hubby, hugs from others.

30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED.

Juno...LOVED it! I know some poeple will think that it isn't about a very good topic (teen pregnancy) but it was so real to me and was funny! I really loved it.

31. FAVORITE DESSERT?

Ooohhh...I have a sweet tooth and like most, but my fav? I guess I'd say brownies!

32. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW?

"Plain Truth" by Jodi Picoult. So far I like it and I've liked everything I've read of hers so far.

33. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?

No mouse pad.

34. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?

"Women's Murder Club" (TiVoed from a couple of months ago) and "Law and Order"

35. FAVORITE SOUNDS?

Laughter, thunder, saxophone

36. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?

The Beatles. I was introduced to the Beatles when I was about 9 years old when me and my siblings found old vinyl records in our attic. I didn't like them at first because I thought the members where so ugly...nice eh? Can you imagine what those suckers would be worth today? Yea, we pretty much destroyed them! Those were good times!

37. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?

North Carolina. My brothers Ben and Hyrum and my sister Annie all went to college there and I've visited twice. Hyrum and Annie still live there but rumor has it that Hyrum is moving back in the summer!!! YAY!!

38. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?

Not really. When it comes to crafts, I'm a pretty good 'copier'. I wish I was better at coming up this my own awesome stuff. Oh well, good thing there are plenty of others out there to copy from!

0 comments: