Friday, March 14, 2008

[Bear Lake]

February 22-24, 2008

Joey and Stacia invited us up to Bear Lake with them to go snow mobiling. They also invited Aaron and Melanie and their boys. Nic couldn't get work off and he was SO disappointed that he didn't get to go! Shawn and Justin were so excited that they did get to go! I wasn't that excited, I don't think playing in the snow sounds all that fun...man, was I WRONG!! It was a BLAST!! After the boys (Joey, Shawn, Justin, and Aaron) went out in the morning, the girls (me, Melanie, and Stacia) all went out. We started out just going around the cabin (which doesn't look like a cabin to me...it just looks like a house!). Then we ventured out to the lake. It was fun but most of the time we had a kid with riding with us...yeah, not as much fun! It was so hard to see over or around their heads and our helmets would keep bumping. We had races with each other and that was a lot of fun. I was on the fastest sled...yay! Whichever twin was with me got scared so I had to switch kids so I could go FAST!!

After lunch Joey took me and Melanie to the trails. That was WAY fun! I think he was surprised that I would keep up with him. Melanie didn't keep up as much and we had to keep stopping to wait for her. But on the way back, she kept right up with me! He took us to a GIANT hill to go up. (I sure wish I had pictures but there's no way I was taking my nice camera out on the sleds.) It was really scary looking but Joey said that once you started, don't stop because you might start to sink...nice! I did get off my sled at the bottom of the hill, and he was right, I totally sunk in the snow up to my hips! Melanie refused to go, so we went without her. Joey went first and I followed him. Getting up was a piece of cake and I wished that Melanie would of come. Joey told me that to go down to lightly ride the brakes, no gas, and if I started to fishtail to ease up on the brakes. Oh man, I was SO scared! Going down was WAY freakier than going up! But I did what he said and made it. We came down a different trail then going up. It was more zig-zaggy where the way up was a straight shot. There were some parts that I was seriously scared and wanted to jump off the sled! But I didn't!! Once we got down, we finally talked Melanie into going. I DIDN'T tell her about the freaky ride back down. So we all went up, I was so glad she did it. It was SO fun! And I'm glad I didn't tell her about the trip down, I don't think she would of done it! Joey told us that Aaron wouldn't even do it! What a WUSS!!! Later Shawn told me that Aaron was slow and way too cautious the whole morning. It sucked for a while for Shawn and Justin because they were stuck behind him on the trails. Eventually he let them pass him and they all left him in their dust!! I'm kinda surprised that he was like that. With all the outdoors things he does...hunting, fishing, 4-wheelers, boats, etc...I was shocked!

In the evenings we played the Wii. Stacia got Dance, Dance Revolution and American Idol Karaoke. It was so fun especially Dance, Dance Revolution...I'm going to have to get me one!









The whole weekend was a lot of fun. Thanks Joey and Stacia for the invite! I hope we get to do it again so Nic can come too! He spent the weekend working and dog sitting...poor kid!

0 comments: