Monday, March 10, 2008

[St. George]

So I mentioned St. George so now I'll elaborate a bit...

Shawn had to go to St. George for business and I went with him! We were there from February 26 - 29. I was a bit nervous about going and Justin not going to school everyday but I *think* he did okay! YAY Justin!

The weather was AWESOME...high 60's to low 70's! Man it was NICE! It was great to just relax and not really have a schedule...at least I didn't! Shawn had to work everyday but he still had a good time.

The hotel, Comfort Suites, was kinda sucky. They didn't even have a business center with internet access (seriously, who doesn't have that now-a-days??? And this hotel is less than a year old!), the beds were really crappy comfort-wise, and we couldn't hook up our portable DVD player to the TV to watch movies (which we can do at other hotels). Oh well, at least the staff was great!

In my down time I watched "Ghost Whisperer" season one that I brought with me. I checked it out from the library and could only have it for 2 weeks so I couldn't waste time not watching it while Shawn was away!

Here is a break down of our other activities:

TUESDAY

We got a bit of a late start but oh well! The drive was a bit long but we had fun just chatting! We ate that night at Famous Dave's...YUM! I for sure ate too much and I know I wnet WAY over my points (but I didn't even keep track of them...oops!).

Then we went shopping at Wal-Mart, had to get a swimsuit just like we always do when we go out-of-town...why is it so hard for us to remember to pack a swimsuit???, and Ross. We spent WAY too much but we both got clothes for some awesome deals! I even got a couple of pairs of paints for only $3 each. Can't beat prices like that but it still adds up quickly! I also got an outfit for the dinner we attended on Thursday night.

Sat in the hot tub for a while. The weather was perfect for it!

WEDNESDAY:

Shawn was at a conference all day. Lunch was catered so he had me meet him over there so I could eat too. It was pretty good (Italian). I didn't have a car so anywhere I went meant walking or a bus. After lunch I walked to the closest movie theater. They didn't even start playing anything until 4 p.m.! What a pain in the butt! PLUS I couldn't find the dang theater FOREVER even though I LITERALLY walked right passed it! I was thinking it was on the other side of the road and must not of been paying attention...well, obviously I didn't pay attention! What a DORK! Oh well, I got some good walking in that day!

We ate at Texas Roadhouse that night...guess we were on a BBQ kick! Of course it was DELISH! I LOVE that place! Yummmm, ribs!

I worked out for a bit in the hotel's fitness room and then sat in the hot tub with Shawn for a little bit. I didn't have my key with me and got locked out of the pool area after changing into my swimsuit after working out. I had to go outside and walk to the pool area and yell for Shawn to come let me in! It was embarassing! Yes, I was in my swimsuit ONLY! Nice...

THURSDAY:

I planned on taking a bus to a different movie theater that opened at 1 pm. The city changed the bus route so I was waiting for it in the wrong place, actually I didn't know where to wait for it! Anyway, by the time I got to where I should be, I'd missed the bus and the next one didn't get there for another 40 minutes. After about 35 minutes, Shawn drove by and saw me so he gave me a ride. I told him I was fine to wait the 5 minutes for the bus but he wanted to give me a ride...what a sweetie! I had to wait for over an hour for the movie to start so I might as well have just taken the bus to waste time! Oh well! I saw Definitely, Maybe. It was pretty good. I didn't love it but I wasn't sorry I saw it. Oh, and I tried to take in a grocery bag with me that had some bottled water, an apple and a grapefruit and the twerp taking tickets wouldn't let me! Dang him for doing his job! The thing that is silly to me is that I bought a mini-meal thing from them to take in! And I did so because I didn't want it to be that I was only taking in my own stuff. Oh well, rules are rules but I seriously wouldn't have bought anything from them if I'd have known. That's what I get for not having my purse!

After that movie, and getting my stuff back!, Shawn met me there and we went and saw Spiderwick Cronicles. That was a GOOD movie! We will for sure be buying that one! When we were giving the twerp our tickets to get in (yes the SAME twerp that took my bag!), he had two old ladies sitting on the bench eating apples because he wouldn't let him take them in the movie! At least he's consistant. What a dork...

That night was the dinner Shawn's work sponsored. It was good food and we had fun talking to the older couple that sat at our table. They are from somewhere small...can't remember where...and he and Shawn both know someone from there. Small world eh? I also met a few other people that Shawn works with.

FRIDAY:

I took the bus back to the movie theater to see another movie! But first I went to the outlet stores that were about 1/2 mile or so away. I got a white pair of capris from Eddie Bauer. They were only $9. Then I went to Dillard's and they were having awesome clearance sales! It was an extra 40% off of the lowest clearance price...YAY! I didn't see anything I liked clothes-wise but shoes? Heck yeah! They had some pretty cute ones. I found these zebra ones that totally looked like Jessika so I called Nic and told him to find out her size. She's an 8 and they only had a 7.5 or 8.5 so I got them both to see if one of them would work. They ended up being $5 each! I was sad they didn't have my size... I got two other pair for myself though.

Then I walked back to the movie theater and saw Juno. Before it started, I saw that Fool's Gold was playing and then saw the trailer while waiting for Juno to start. It looked really good and I was debating on whether or not I should switch movies. I decided to start watching Juno because Fool's Gold started after it anyway. If I wasn't getting into it, I'd switch. So I totally DIDN'T switch movies! I LOVED Juno! It's about a teenage pregnancy which I was iffy about liking but it was so real and I don't think it played it up as glamorous or anything stupid like that. I really, really loved it!

Shawn picked me up after that and we headed home! All in all, the St. George trip was FUN and I'm glad my sweetie invited me along!



Edit: So the cute zebra shoes in a size 7.5 fit Jessika and the 8.5 fit Stacia! I went to Dillard's at Fashion Place Mall and they had my size! YAY!! I didn't get them for as good a deal as in St. George but oh well...I LOVE them!!

0 comments: