Monday, March 24, 2008

[Easter Sunday]

~03/23/08~

K, my boys like Pokemon and sometimes still go to tournaments. Yesterday Shawn and I stopped at ShopKo while Justin was working and I saw some Pokemon Easter baskets. They were perfect especially for Nic so I got him one. They didn't have a different Pokemon so I decided to get another theme one for Justin. We went to KMart and found a M&Ms one. When I picked Justin up later and got the Pokemon basket (so I could get his discount) he totally wanted Pokemon even if it was the same as Nic's. So I ended up redoing and adding to the M&Ms one for Nic to give to Jessika, so it all worked out! My boys are so cute!





We had Easter Dinner at my Mom's. We had the typical ham, company potatoes, etc. I took the Spinach Bacon salad I made last sunday and Shawn made a couple of cobblers in the dutch oven.

We also had the annual Hoecherl Easter Egg Hunt. There were eggs EVERYWHERE!! I didn't take as many as I usually do but Melanie and Joey definitely tried to outdo themselves from last year. We had a 'contest' for the adults to see who could guess the number of eggs. Nic was the closest with a guess of 593. The actual number was 595!!! Can you believe that?? 5*9*5!! That is A LOT of eggs! Joey VOWS that next year it will be over 1000! Too funny! My cousins, Kelly and Ashley, kids were outside playing and jumping on the trampoline (BTW, my Mom and her brother Neal live next door to each other) so we invited them to participate in the egg hunt. They had had their own family egg hunt early but I guess it was WEAK compared to ours. When this started a few years ago, Melanie put money in the eggs too. There were a lot of eggs with change in them, some with dollar bills, Hannah put $2 bills in a couple and the big money one this year was a $10 bill from Joey. It was as much as he put in last year ($20 bill) but still a lot for a kid...or so we thought until Melanie's son Josh open his wallet to put his findings away and it was FULL of cash!! He'd found the big money egg, one of Hannah's, and a bunch of change ones. Nothing like going over the top! All the kids...and the adults...had a great time and can't wait for next year!










After Nic was playing on the trampoline with Noah and Brandon. He would flip them over as he bounced them...they LOVED it!




We had a DDR (Dance, Dance Revelution) war! I brought my mat and Joey/Stacia brought theirs. This game is so fun! I suck but it's FUN! Chris, the little sucker, is a NATURAL! I knew he would be...he's so good at most athletic type things. Everyone had a BLAST! This was way better than Second Sunday which was hell-a-lame. This is probably going to be a new tradition! Melanie and her family just got DDR for Easter and Chris/Tianna plan on getting it soon for Xbox 360. So much fun!



My Mom just had chemo on Thursday and wasn't feeling all that great. She wasn't treating people very well and was really rude to Shawn. I'm NOT very happy about this... Cancer/chemo isn't an excuss to treat people poorly. Shawn doesn't want me to say anything to her so I won't but man, I'm steamed! It's probably a good thing that he didn't tell me until the next day. We are in charge of April's Second Sunday and I changed it to the third Sunday so it isn't right after a chemo treatment (the last one). I ended up having the dates wrong in my head and Second Sunday actually isn't the weekend after the chemo treatment but I'm still going to leave it Third Sunday so we are FAR away from it! Hopefully this will help!

0 comments: