Tuesday, March 18, 2008

[Day Off / Jospeh and the Amazing Technocolor Dream Coat]

~ Monday 3/17/08~

I took today off instead of Wednesday because of Shawn's family being in town. I didn't know what was planned but decided to take it off anyway just in case. We all ended up doing our own thing. They all went shopping, they were mainly trying to find a prom dress for Aubry and had some other errands to run. I didn't want to go shopping so I went to a movie! Imagine that...me at a movie!! LOL! I saw Horton Hears a Who. It was really cute!

Shane and Jamie wanted to see a play or something while they were in town. Shawn's buddy Lynn is in the band for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Empress Theatre in Magna. So I got tickets for their family and Shawn and I for tonight. Apparently the theatre just reopened after 25 years or something. It was a tiny theatre and every seat would be a great one. The performance was pretty good and everyone had a great time. For Shawn, it was the best performance he's seen next to Tuacan, even better than the movie. I don't agree with him but it was really good and we enjoyed it so much Shawn and I will probably go again! It was cool to see how they did everything with such a small stage and they threw in some cute parts of their own: The pretended like some of the cast was late and had 'extras' come out and do musical numbers to buy time. Finally they acted like they couldn't wait any more and started pulling people out of the audience to be the brothers. It was a fun twist! Another part they did differently was Pharaoh was NOT Elvis! He was Captain Jack from Pirates! He guy playing him did a FABULOUS job! It was really fun! There were some other small changes too but these were the big, fun ones. I was kinda surprised that Shawn liked it because a few months ago we went to Wood Cross High's Joseph and they changed some things and he HATED it!! I thought it was great but not Shawn! Anyway, it was a great performance (even though Simon would of thought the singing was terrible, especially Joseph!) and we all had fun! Lynn's family was there along with some other friends of Shawn's. It was fun to see them too!

After the play we went to the Leatherby's on North Temple. We've never been to that one before. It was good but I like the other one better.

When we got home, Shawn, Jamie, Shane and I played Ticket to Ride. Nic and Justin got this game from them for Christmas and we haven't played it yet...oops! It was pretty fun and I'm sure we'll play it again. It's a German game by the makers of Settlers and I don't think it's as fun as Settlers but it's still fun.

0 comments: