Tuesday, June 3, 2008

[GOODBYE OLD FRIEND]

A few months ago when Nic got his Taurus and Justin bought his Grand Am from him, Justin decided to sell LaBoo {LBU}. To tell the truth, I had a hard time with it! LaBoo has been in the family for YEARS! She's gone through SIX teenagers in my family {Annie, Chris, Becky, Hannah, Nic and Justin} and I wasn't ready to let her go! She's not much to look at but she's been an excellent teenager car...what a trooper!

When Nic bought her, the summer before he turned 16 {2005}, from my Mom he went crazy grafitti-ing her up...kind like his room! On the hood he painted black rectangles which had something to do with the logo of a band he likes. I don't think he ever finished that project. On the inside roof, he drew tons of images...pokemon, band logos, lyrics, etc. It was a really fun, good little car for him even though he got pulled over ALL THE TIME in it!
It took Justin a few months to actually list and sell LaBoo and it's probably a good thing so I had time to adjust! Goodbye LaBoo!

1 comments:

Michele said...

What a cool idea to do the pictures and stuff on the roof of the car! I bet that was fun for his passengers, too.

LaBoo must have been an exceptional car to survive six teenagers!! I know the feelings when you have to get rid of a car that's been in the family for years. There are so many memories tied to cars so it makes sense. Time for some new memories in the new cars.