Wednesday, May 21, 2008

[WEDDING VEIL, SASH, HANKY]

In November Annie came to Utah to work on her wedding arrangements. She bought her dress online from David' Bridal but went into their shop to try dresses on just in case. She also needed to match colors and such. Her dress is white and her wedding colors are orange and blue. She wants to accent her dress with the blue. David's Bridal has sashes, veils and hankies for purchase but didn't have the blue! They carry bridesmaid dresses in this color but not sashes, veils and hankies?? Doesn't really make sense to us... Anyway, my Mom told Annie she could make these for her. Annie found the right color of fabric and was excited that she was going to get what she wanted. After my Mom got sick and wasn't working or doing anything, Annie was concerned about it getting done. She didn't want to put any pressure on my Mom and have her feel like she had to do something she wasn't up to. I told her that Nic is in a sewing class in school and he could totally do it for her. When I asked Nic if he would do it, he was a little weird about it but agreed to it. A few days later Annie called him to discuss the details and he told me he thought I meant Annie our neighbor (she got married in April so it fit that way)! Too funny! He thought it was weird that I ask him to do that for a neighbor but he's so cute that he agreed to do it! He was a lot more excited about it when he realized that it was for his aunt! I think he did such an awesome job and it's pretty exciting that he was able to take part in her wedding this way. Good job Son!



0 comments: