Tuesday, May 6, 2008

[CKU]

-Wednesday April 30, 2008-

YAY! I'm all registered for my SECOND CKU! I was a bit nervous about it because I thought registration started at 8 p.m. and that is right smack dab in the middle of YW. But I found out a day or so before that it started at 8 p.m. ET so 6 p.m. for me...YAY! My friend Lisa from CK Media was going to sign me up early like she did last time but we didn't get all the information worked out in time. It all worked out though and I'm signed up and ready to go! The first time I went, they had changed the format to "Albums" and I really liked it and heard that it was better than a regular CKU. This year they are changing the format again. Instead of picking classes and hoping you get what you want, everyone does the same things, just at different times. This is why is was more important that Lisa signed me up last time. Hopefully this new format will be cool. I think it will be but sometimes not having a choice doesn't work...especially if you don't like the project! We still have an Album Track to pick though. I chose the Making Memories one. I'm excited and the instructor, Margie Romney-Aslett, is hilarious so it should be awesome! This year they are also including lunches which they never have before, so that will be nice. Heck, they should be included at the price! I think it was $350 the first time I went (which was $50 more than the year before) and now it's a whopping $445!! PLUS they are doing ala carte classes on Wednesday for additional costs. It better be worth it!!

Last time I went with my friend Nola and we stayed with Lisa in her hotel room (except the last night, we stayed with Karen). Now Nola isn't into scrapping anymore...she's into photography. She even got rid of all her supplies...crazy girl! Anyway, so she's not going this time. I'm going with my friend Rachelle! This is her second CKU also. My first one was in 2005 and hers was before that...2004? Maybe 2003? Lisa invited me to stay with her and some of her other friends but Rachelle and I already have a room reserved. There wouldn't have been a cost to stay with the other girls but they are staying in Sundance, which is about a 20 minute drive, and there are some pros and cons about that. It'd be WAY fun to stay with a bunch of girls all going to the same place but I think the commute would be sucky. It's going to be nice to be in the same hotel as CKU though. Either way will be FUN!

1 comments:

Nicole *Ü* said...

Oh, you stinkin' lucky dog!!!! I'm so jealous. Some day maybe I'll get to go again. LOL Debbie from QFK is going too. Have fun!!!! I can't believe how expensive it is!! Yikes!!