Tuesday, May 13, 2008

[Movin' Out]

05.09.08


The day I've been dreading for years is here...Nic moved out. I'm not very happy about this even though I've KNOWN it's been coming. He and Hannah (my youngest sister) have been planning this for many months and have had a place lined up for a few weeks. The day Hannah was going to move her stuff, the apartment complex called and said they didn't have the unit that they were promised. This unit was perfect for them - it was an end unit with the model below them. Apparently a 'new' employee gave it to someone else. Because the lease stated that particular unit, they were able to get out of it. They feel like they lucked out in the long run (especially since a girl that was moving out warned them to NOT live there!!) but were stressed out for a couple of days trying to find another place. They finally found a place near Murray High that was the same price but a HOUSE with a yard! This is really nice because Hannah has a dog. They are happy with the end result.


Here are some pictures of Nic's old room. We let him do pretty much what he wanted with it except paint. Over the years he has plastered the walls with flyers from shows he's been to along with other things he loves. I think it's pretty cool and I'm gonna miss it! Now his room will be the 'office'. We will move one of the computers up there and the
vinyl cutter. It will be nice to have extra room but I'd MUCH rather have Nic there... I'm so sad... I totally understand him wanting to be independant, I just wish he'd wait until he's done with college! I sure hope Justin waits...I DON'T want an empty nest, half empty is bad enough!

2 comments:

Nicole *Ü* said...

Is this Nic's room? Is he movin'?? How ya holdin' up???

Sharla Hunt said...

I can't believe your Nic has moved out. I remember you telling me about when he was getting ready to start driving. Time sure does go fast. How are you holdin' up?

I love your blog! It is good to get to know you better. :o)