Wednesday, May 7, 2008

[Utah Valley Womens Expo]

05.02.08

My friend Stacy invited me to go with her and Shannon so I met Stacy at her house, then we picked up Shannon and headed down to the expo.


Last summer/fall was the first time I went to the 'Utah Valley Womens Expo'. CTMH (Close to My Heart) was the sponsor and they had mini classes they were doing so OF COURSE I was there! This was also when I first saw 'For the Love of Shoes' and signed up for a home party. They were supposed to be there this time too (I thought) but they weren't.


Anyway, it was here again and this time CTMH was doing their warehouse sale there...YAY! Why the heck do all the companies do their warehouse sales in the same timeframe?? Kinda hard on the pocketbook but I'm still at them!! haha! I thought it was a weird place to do a warehouse sale and wondered how that was going to work out. Yah, it was definitely weird and I seriously think they should rethink it next time. It was WAY too small of an area and they actually had a line and wouldn't let people in until others had left! Luckily we got in before that started. Those poor girls were probably chomping at the bit to get in! There were some awesome deals. I got quite a few stamps sets. They were selling them for $2-$8 per set, regular price $22+! YAY! I also got birthday card sets: $1, markers: $.50; embossing template grab-bags: $1; paper packs: $1, etc. There were definitely some good deals! We were just grabbing a bunch of everything and then went to the side and sorted things out and made sure we all had what we wanted. It was crazy! Then it was off to stand in line to pay...what a joke! By the time we got in line, it was wound around the whole place. Come to find out, they were adding tallying people up on a piece of paper and then they could get in the REAL line to pay. Luckily we found that out quickly and got our stuff tallied and got in line. Then it went fairly quickly. Some people were there FOREVER though.


Then we had lunch and visited the other booths. I got this AWESOME bag. I *heart* it! I almost didn't get it and started walking away to 'think' about it but only got a couple of booths away and went back and got it! YAY!


There was a spa place that was handing out free cupcakes that looked so big and delish! They ran out but claimed they were getting some more in about an hour. We decided to hang around for one and in the meantime Stacy and I got chair massages. They were nice but the guy was a bit rough...especially on my arms! OUCH! Finally the cupcakes came but they weren't like the first batch...bummer! Oh well, they were still okay.


We ran into Nikki for a few minutes too. It was nice to see her...haven't for awhile (except for a few minutes when I got the tickets for the expo from her!)...we should change that Nikki!


It was a fun day and I'm glad I got to spend time with my friends!

1 comments:

Nicole *Ü* said...

Nice haul!! I almost got the embossing templates but didn't. I could never find how much they were. Oh well. I have some from the last sale.