Tuesday, May 13, 2008

[Mother's Day]

05.11.08

Mother's Day...yah, I spent the morning fighting back tears (or not). Very emotional day for me. Between missing Kody, dealing with Nic moving out and Shawn in bed all day with a migrain, it was a hard one. We went to church and Nic spoke in sacrament meeting. He ALMOST didn't because he hadn't prepared a talk because of moving, school, work, etc. I was horrified/embarrassed and left but he ended up coming so I went back. He just winged it and did pretty good. It was short and we ended up getting out like 20 minutes early. He said that was part of my gift...getting out of church early! He's such a twerp! I finally got ahold of my emotions and the rest of the day was pretty good.

We went to my Mom's for Second Sunday/Mother's Day. Next year we're going to change May's Second Sunday to a different Sunday...it's not really fair that Second Sunday always lands on Mother's Day, especially for the other Mothers in everyone's families. So every other year sounds fair to me and it's how we handle holidays so why not Mother's Day?

Melanie decided to have everyone bring their own meat and we BBQed instead of her taking her turn to bring the main dish. Sounded like a great idea to all...why should she have to worry about everyone on HER day! It worked out good.

My gift included CKU and photography classes that start in June. Nic also got me a gift certificate to get a massage...what a sweet boy! I can't wait to use it!

Because of all the money that was spent (Shawn and I contibuted $500 as did Melanie/Aaron and Ben/Dom. Joey and Stacia did WAY more than that.) on redoing my Mom's bedroom and living room while she was in the hospital in January, Stacia and I decided to give her cards (mostly birthday and thank you) with supplies from our stash so we didn't have to spend any more money. Plus, some of the cards she was sending out were hideous! Some of ours weren't that great either (I misplaced some of my REALLY bad ones...) but they were still better than this one of hers:


She appreciated them either way so it was all good!

0 comments: