Monday, September 15, 2008

[WICKED Awesome!!]

09.13.08

Joey and Stacia took their kids to Lagoon today. They thought they might have Melanie's boys while Melanie and Aaron went house hunting but Melanie ended up coming too. Anyway, Stacia BEGGED me to go to help with the kids (without me or Melanie, there would of been Joey, Stacia and 6 kids all under the age of 8), and they were given tickets for Christmas and gave me one so...I went! Tianna also came with Shaylee, Tianna's two little sisters and her stepsister.

Stacia and Tianna took the first 'shift' of having the little ones (Hadley, Logan and Shaylee) while Joey and I took Noah and Tianna's sisters on the bigger rides (Melanie and her boys came later). After a couple of hours Joey and I took a turn with the little ones. Truthfully we were kinda dreading it but knew we needed to take our turn. It ended up being a lot of fun! There were even some rides that Hadley was able to go on...she LOVED it!!



I LOVE this picture of Shaylee and Logan! They are so CUTE!

The last ride we went on was Wicked. It's a new ride at Lagoon and most of us hadn't been on it before. (Except Melanie and her kids...they have season passes). This was the only ride I really cared about riding because I hadn't been on it and it looked so FUN/SCARY! It was getting late and the line was SO long...I was very nervous that they were going to shut it down before we got to go on it. The line went surprisingly fast (guess we shouldn't have been too surprized seems how the ride itself is like 15 seconds long!) and we were up there in no time. They have a new child pass off so parents can each ride the ride separately while one is with the kid. This way you don't have to wait in line twice. Because we were all together and some of the kids couldn't/didn't want to ride Wicked, we took advantage of the pass off. I went in the first group and let me tell you, this ride is AWESOME!! I seriously LOVED it and wish that we would of went on it earlier so I could do it over and over! There ended up being an extra seat after the pass off so I got to go again!! YAY!

My other favorite rides of the day:
  • Re-entry
  • Rattlesnake rapids
I have a couple of other favorite rides that I didn't have enough time to do. The Tidalwave and the swings...hopefully I can get to Lagoon again soon so I can fit them it.

What a fun, fun day!

8 comments:

Emily said...

I'd love to help with your blog :) Let me know...

Stacy said...

Thanks for clarifying wicked with pictures. I was thinking you went to the play.

Celeste said...

I WISH I went to the play...someday!!

Marci said...

Are you crazy? That looks insane! And I love roller coasters! I have yet to try that one....

Travis and Kira Evans said...

That is fun. The bodies thing isn't bad at all. It is like an art gallery. I think you guys will like it.

Shannon said...

That looks like fun! I'm glad you had a good time. I'm hoping to make it there to ride wicked one of these days.

Jill said...

I'd have to agree with you...Wicked is by far the BEST ride at Lagoon. I don't have to ride any other rides now that they have Wicked. I could ride it all day long and never get tired of it!

Nicole *Ü* said...

I thought the play too, which will be here NEXT YEAR!!! I've already put the big in my mom's ear that the girls and I want to go so that when she hears about tickets (she'll hear about them before I do), then hopefully we can get some good seats like we did for Mamma Mia!!! I haven't been to Lagoon since Ted worked for Modern and the newest ride then was the spider or the bat one. Glad to know Lagoon has a parent switch now. Nice!!