Wednesday, September 24, 2008

[Scrapbook Expo]

09.20.08

I had no intention of going to the scrapbook expo this year. I'm trying to save money and the expo just isn't what it used to be. It was weird though because it's the first time I haven't gone in YEARS! I had a few friends ask if I was going and they were SHOCKED when I said I wasn't! Heck, I was shocked myself!

I was messing around on the computer at home and saw the class kit I got for my friend Sunni at the Lisa Bearnson Adventures class we both signed up for. She couldn't make it so I got hers for her. She lives in Midway so it isn't like I could just run it over to her. I called her to see how she wanted to get it and she was at the expo with our friend Melanie (I met them both at the LB Adventures and we hit it off right off the bat! They are AWESOME!). So I went down to the expo to give Sunni her kit. There was only 2 hours left and I was really surprised that they were still checking wrist bands to get in. There was NO WAY I was going to pay $12 to get for 2 hours...NO WAY! Sunni said she got some pretty good deals so she showed me what she got and then they went in to get me some stuff. They are so nice! I did really good and spent under $10. YAY!

Then we sat in the lobby for about an hour just talking. It was so good to get to know them better. I wish we lived closer so we could get together. They are hosting a scrap day on October 4 and invited me but that is the weekend I'll be in Denver. BUMMER! Hopefully they will do something like this again SOON and invite me!

Sunni and I also found out that our husbands work for the same company! How crazy is that?? Now I will know someone at the company parties! Shawn said he knows who her husband is but doesn't 'know' him. John (Sunni's hubby) works in the Heber office and Shawn works in the American Fork office. They haven't been to any of the company parties we have but hopefully we will all go to the future ones!

It was good to see new friends again, thanks Sunni and Melanie!

0 comments: