Wednesday, September 24, 2008

[Taste of Home]

09.09.08





My friend Elaine got tickets to the Taste of Home Cooking Show at Thanksgiving Point. She got me a ticket for my birthday...how nice is that? We went with Megan (Elaine's daughter) and Richelle. It was pretty fun and will be fun to try out the recipes featured. Apparently in the past there are a lot more vendor booths and free give-a-ways but it was still fun. They had quite a few door prizes but of course I didn't win...I never do!


One of the vendors was a freezer meal planning program so Richelle and I bought a package and will share the software and we each got a book. It will be interesting to use this program. I have wanted to do something like this for quite some time but just haven't actually done in on my own. I did the My Girlfriend's Kitchen for a while and like it but doing it all on my own will be cheaper. Now I just have to make room in my freezer!

7 comments:

Marci said...

You'll have to share your freezer meal experience (with photos!). I tried it one time, and it was great. But that whole day to cook has kept me from doing it again...because it actually took me two whole days! I'd love to hear how the software works.

Nicole *Ü* said...

I've always wanted to go to one of the Taste of Home events and to one of the meal places too. You'll have to let me know if you like the freezer program. I've wanted to try one of those too!! Which one is it??

Lilian said...

Seriously!!!!!!! I did NOT know this blog existed! I think I tried to get on a while back, but I saw no posts. Now LOOK! Here you are!!! YAY for me! Love ya!~

Stacia Hoecherl said...

I tagged you so go to my blog and find out what to do.

Travis and Kira Evans said...

You only say that cause your Husband is a BYU fan! Hey How come I get that you update your blog but I'm never able to see it? Do you know why???? This is the last one I'm able to see!

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had a blog, Celeste! Awesome! How cool that you got to go to a Taste of Home event! I love the magazine and have thought that going to one of their events would be fun. I'm glad you could go!

Nicole *Ü* said...

Have you tried the 30 meals in one day cookbook? It looks way cool! Let me know how you like it!!