Thursday, April 3, 2008

[Making Memories Warehouse Sale]

I always go to the Making Memories sale. It's twice a year and I always go. The first time I went, it was with Shawn. It was a CRAZY MADHOUSE but fun and we got some great deals. Then I started going with some friends I met through scrapbooking. We'd all meet the first morning, stand in line to get in, make a crazy dash for all the bargains, stand in line for a couple of hours to check out. It was fun to stand in line and get to know each other better...it made the crazy line not so terrible. Then we'd all go to lunch at Lone Star. We did this for a couple of years, twice a year. Then people started to not come. Now I don't think anyone really meets up and goes to lunch. I did in the fall with my friend Lilian but she now works during the day. I've also meet up with my friend Nikki pretty regularly too. This time no one mentioned going together or meeting for lunch...myself included. I sure miss the 'tradition' we had going that is now nonexistent. The sales aren't as exciting as they used to be (I've been known to spend $500!)...a lot of that is because most of it is the same stuff they have EVERY time! Yah, I'm so not buying anymore eyelets! Anyway, it's sad that we can't count on sale time as being the two times a year that we can count on getting together...I miss it. Oh well... I still go every time! This year I planned to go on Wednesday but spur of the moment I went on Tuesday during my lunch hour. Here's the goodies I got:

5 comments:

Nicole *Ü* said...

I'm with Stacy.....I see posts with a title and nothing and then later the post and pictures appear!! LOL Did you go to the sale and not tell me!!??? What about lunch?? I would have met you!!!

Celeste said...

Sorry girls...I put in titles of what I want to blog and then go back and add text / pictures when I have time! I have many pictures to add right now along with some text. That's just how I roll!

Stacy said...

Gotcha! Now I understand everything!!

Nicole *Ü* said...

Not a problem! I was just confused! LOL Now I get it! ;o)

Celeste said...

Nikki, sorry about lunch too. It was totally spur of the moment that I even went when I did. I miss our tradition of the sale and lunch...those were the good 'ole days!