Saturday, April 19, 2008

[Scrapbook Expo, Disappointment & New Addition]

04.18.08

I wasn't planning on going to the Scrapbook USA Expo today because it is Shawn's birthday. When he decided to go camping, I still wasn't going to go because I didn't get into the VIP Area and was going on Saturday with my sister Becky anyway. But Richelle called a few days ago and asked if I would go with her. She wanted to stay the whole time...until midnight. I told her I had to work and then was going to the movie with Nic but I would go with her after that and stay until midnight. Nic and I went to the movie (21) at Jordan Commons because it is right by the expo center, that way it would be easy access for me! Nic likes Jordan Commons better than Gateway anyway...not me though! Other than there is better food to take in at Jordan Commons. But I personally like the theaters at Gateway better. Anyway, Richelle had a class at the expo from 10:30 to 12:00. Our movie started at 11:45, so I would get there about 1:45ish. I tried to call Richelle before the movie but she was already in class so I wasn't surprised that she didn't answer. Then I tried to call her after the movie and texted her. Then I went to the expo center and called her again...nothing. By this time it was about 2:05 and I decided I would give it until 2:15 to hear from her and then I would go home. She finally called me back a couple of minutes later...YAY!! She asked if I was at the expo yet, I told her yes and then she told me she wasn't. What??? Why not?? Where are you?? Turns out her daughter went into labor while she was in her class and she was now at the hospital waiting for her first grandchild! I wasn't very happy that she hadn't let me know about it before I came all the way out to Sandy especially since the only reason I was there that day was because of her. Oh well...I didn't really want to go anyway because I had plenty to do at home.

I went to Costco and stocked up on a bunch of things and got Nic some things for when he moves out. Holy crap, I spent $350!!! It sure adds up fast!! When I was loading up the car, Shawn called and said that the Jeep was over heating and he was stuck in Spanish Fork...GREAT, what a nice birthday gift for him!! I didn't have any room for him or his things in my car until I went home and unloaded. I was sad for him that he was going to have to wait even longer to get another vehicle before he could continue on his trip. By the time I rushed home and unloaded the car, he called and said that his buddy Chris was picking him up on his way...YAY! Now I didn't have to go get him and he wouldn't be delayed any longer to start his birthday weekend.

Richelle left me a message later and apologized and asked for forgiveness. Truthfully I had been pretty annoyed about it but after taking time to look at her situation, with all that was going on for her and all the excitement and craziness of leaving the expo to get to the hospital (which was at least 40 miles away), it's totally understandable how meeting me would be the last thing on her mind. Of course she is forgiven! I know she would never just blow me off. And now she's a grandma to baby Hendrix! Pretty exciting! He came about 6 weeks early and will be in the NICU for about a month...so scary but it sounds like he will be okay. So yeah, she's a grandma and only ONE MONTH older than me!!! SOOOO glad it's her and not me!! LOL!

What a crazy day!


04.19.08


Becky met me at the Expo and we took a class together. We had fun! The instructor was really cute and when she took a picture of us, she also took one of herself!! Too funny! I also took another class by myself. It was an acrylic album class. I went to their booth after and bought some more to do albums on my own. We bound them using the "Bind It All" so now I know how to use mine!! YAY, I can take it out of the box! LOL!




Before our classes, we looked around at all the booths. Pretty much the only one I bought anything at was the CK Media one. They had some GREAT buys on kits and I bought a bunch. I'm really wishing I would of bought more though but it was a PAIN to get what I did get out to my car... I especially wish I would of gotten more than one of the card kit...it's AWESOME!! Dang it...

2 comments:

Nicole *Ü* said...

We were at Jordan Commons Friday night. We saw Expelled. I've only been to Gateway once and I was pregnant with Conner. I don't remember any food there to take in. We always get the sandwiches at Jordan Commons, so yummy. Sorry about the disappointment for the expo. I couldn't believe how packed it still was when we left the movie theater. I was so disappointed the last time I went that I haven't been back since. Next time around maybe I'll give it another try since you still seem to go every time!! LOL

Anonymous said...

wow sister you sure are a nerd with your blogs but I enjoyed reading them :) you will have to help me decorate a little when me and nic move out on MONDAY! ah crazy!