Wednesday, August 27, 2008

[ACCIDENT]

On August 22nd Justin got in a car accident. He was going through the intersection on 1300 East at 1300 South. A girl made a right hand turn from 1300 South to 1300 East and T-boned him. Luckily no one was hurt. Apparently her car looked worse than Justin's. The little twerp texted me to let me know! He didn't give me any details but he did say he was okay. His car was definitely still drivable so when the cop said he could go, he came up to my work to bring me the accident report. I immediately called her insurance company to start the claim. (BTW, Justin said it sucked to get hit but the girl that hit him was HOT!! LOL...silly boy!) The insurance company was fast and by Tuesday we had estimates in to them, they had come and estimated the damage and gave us a check. The damage dang near totalled his car due to body work being so expensive and the age of his car. Along with the check, we also got a rental car for 11 days.

The damage to the car wasn't bad, so Justin decided to NOT fix it (he might have Nic do some work on it when/if Nic needs a project at school) and instead he paid off his scooter. He also put a two new tires on his car and got it registered (or will!). I think that he made a pretty good decision because the damage wasn't very noticeable and his car is 9 years old.

I didn't get the rental car until a week and a half after the accident. The office they referred me to is small and they didn't have much of a variety. The only thing available was a PT Cruiser (ICK...I hate them!) or a pick-up. Because of gas mileage, I went with the PT Cruiser even though they are UGLY! Nic calls it a PT Loser. Justin doesn't like it either but he doesn't have to drive it because he can't! I am driving it though because it's better than putting mileage on my old beater! Stupid, ugly PT Loser...!!

3 comments:

Travis and Kira Evans said...

Hey I didn't even realize that they did match. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Marci said...

That stinks about the accident! But nice to have a little extra cash. And I love PT Cruisers! Funny, huh? I'll trade you for my big Suburban (that still doesn't work). ;)

Nicole *Ü* said...

Yeah, PT Cruisers are so odd to me. Glad it wasn't a big accident and that Justin's OK, even if the girl was hot. LOL