Monday, July 7, 2008

[CONLIN REUNION]

06.28.08

The Conlin Family reunion this year was at Downata Hot Springs in Idaho. It was a little bit lame but everyone seemed to have fun visiting. I did too other than I don't know hardly any of the extended family...I guess that's why they have reunions and I should of taken advantage of it. I've never really been into reunions with extended family. I should do better... I just visited with Shawn's family and his cousins that I've known forever (actually some of them before I knew him!!) We also got to see his second cousins that we know from when we lived in Soda Springs, Idaho (they grew up there). This is the first year Shawn has gone in FOREVER! Actually I don't think I've been in a long time either... I went to one last year without him but I think in was one on his Mom's side and I went because she was in charge of it. No wait, I think it was on Shawn's Dad's mother's side...heck, I don't know!! Like I said, we haven't really been into reunions...

They did a small auction, the same item in different styles. I think it should of been bigger with more people involved, but I don't think that enough to organize it...I would participate though! It would of been kinda fun to do some vinyl stuff or something. Anyway, Shawn's Mom (Angie) made some post things that sit on your porch. They were a hot item and I think they all sold for a good price to help build up the reunion fund. They turned out cute but it's not something I'd have on my porch (just not my style but I can still appreciate them!). They look cute on Angie's porch!

Cindy Conlin blogged about the reunion here. She is one of the cousins that grew up in Soda Springs.

0 comments: